"We use that pathos and we make something out of it... that's what artists have done for thousands of years..."
We go to Texas for this episode, for a chat with Josh Bradford. He is an artist, a creative. His skill set includes making music, teaching music, filmmaking, and improvisational composition. Piano is the main weapon in Josh Bradford's arsenal. Josh and I have some unexpected things in common, and one of these is a love of dissonance. How does Josh get the audience at a concert involved in the composition process? What are his thoughts about improvisational composition? How can you help Josh pay for his piano? What is the best way you can support artists without spending money?
Here are some highlights of our conversation:
- Details on creating a performance art film experience (3:13)
- The concert improv card game (11:56)
- An improvised composition specifically for me (16:55)
- Campaign to crowdfund purchasing Josh's piano (27:00)
- The best way to support independent artists (36:30)
Josh Bradford's Official Website
Josh Bradford's Pay My Piano Plumfund