My process has been an organic kind of beast... I tend to write lyrics first. I have ideas and that side of it is probably partly a therapy to some degree...
We go international yet again on the podcast, as I have a chat with my dear friend Ruth. Ruth is from Ipswich, England. We met in Paris. (The one in France, as opposed to the one in Kentucky or Texas.) Ruth has a dog named Lincoln, a husband named Paul, a knack for melody, and red hair. You'll hear us talk about music and about which character from Winnie the Pooh we are.
Here are some highlights of our conversation:
- Ruth tells the story of how we met (2:18)
- Our musical project (11:43)
- Ruth's songwriting process (15:30)
- Ruth wrote a song about being cross with me (23:48)
- What did Ruth's childhood smell like? (33:36)
We Met In Paris official website
Ruth appears on Liam's Duet or Don't podcast
Ruth Fawcett Music on Facebook
"Heel" by Toadies (alluded to by me in this episode)
"All I Wanna Do" by Sheryl Crow (alluded to by Ruth in the episode)